Animal & Agriculture Studies
Animal and agriculture studies refers to the areas of education that are concerned with practical application of scientific methodologies to increase production of plant life for material use and sustenance, the care and health of domesticated animals, and the protection and maintenance of protected or managed lands.
Programs in these areas can vary greatly from one another in their scope yet may share various base studies and courses. For example, many students will take courses in business, management, economics, ecology, and biology within these learning domains.
Concentrations within agriculture studies will dictate the specific classes needed to earn a degree in that field of study. Most of the programs listed have a hands on component that provide practical experience prior to completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Students interested in learning more about vocational opportunities in the field of animal studies, animal rights, and animal protection organizations can research the following:
- Humane Society of the United States (): As the nation's largest animal protection organization, the Humane Society strives to resolve animal welfare issues across the country. HSUS was founded in 1954 and continues to be a major force in animal rights year over year.
- Animal Justice Project (): This organization was founded as a grassroots animal rights organization in the UK with dedicated activities in Europe and the U.S. With a robust social media presence, the AJP team helps to inform via freedom of information tact.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (): PETA is non-profit organization that claims some six million members and supporters worldwide. It is claimed to be the largest animal rights group in the world.
- American Association of Veterinarian State Boards (): The AAVSB is an association that was created as a national portal for those involved in the care and support of animals. Veterinary professionals of all stripes have leveraged the examinations and registry of the AAVSB to advance this area of study.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (): Helping professionals make informed decisions for society and science is at the core of what the AIBS stands to promote. This organization offers a variety of membership benefits, community programs, publications, and peer review support services.
Degree pathways in the agricultural sector may include disciplines such as farming, soil science, agronomy, and much more. National organizations that may be of interest to prospective students include the following:
- American Farm Bureau Federation (): Commonly known as the Farm Bureau, this group works via grassroots organizations to help support and sustain healthy agriculture organizations. The Farm Bureau provides education, advocacy, and membership benefits to professionals across the country.
- National FFA Organization (): Future Farmers of America is commonly known as the FFA and is a national organization focused on the individual student. In addition to providing support for students interested in become production farmers, the FFA also provides support to aspiring doctors, scientist, and teachers.
- Institute of Food & Agricultural Sciences (): Founded by the University of Florida, the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences supports practitioners in the agricultural field from coast to coast. IFAS provides unique research and educational opportunities for those interested in learning more about agriculture.
- American Society of Agronomy (): American Society of Agronomy is a national organization that offers a range of member benefits in addition to education tools and publications. Additionally, the ASA provides targeted certifications for a variety of career paths such as crop advisor, sustainability, resistance management, soil science, nutritionist, and agronomist.
- Bureau of Land Management (): BLM is an government agency that provides support and services across a myriad disciplines. This organization helps professionals with news and insights into topics such as energy management, land records, minerals, public lands, range management, and law enforcement.
In the area of study of animal & agriculture studies, we offer education and career pathways, as well as list of top schools which offer the following programs:
A rewarding career in agriculture can be pursued by completing a program at one of the many colleges or universities throughout the country that offer a degree. Additional information can be obtained through our agriculture degree page, including school listings and career descriptions.
Find the latest information about starting a career in animal science. Explore school options across the nation that offer bachelor's or master's degree programs. Individuals seeking additional information are asked to visit our animal science degree details page.
Environmental and Wildlife Management
Individuals interested in studying environmental and wildlife management may pursue a bachelor's degree, which is the start of a rewarding career. Discover information about schools near you in order to begin your education and pursue a career. Learn more about career paths and school listings through our environmental and wildlife management degree profile page.
Find out more information about the best equine studies colleges and universities in your area that offer associate or bachelor's degree programs. Visit our equine studies programs page to view school listings and additional information.
Farm and Ranch Management
Farm and Ranch Management college programs are just a click away. Connect with accredited schools today and find your perfect college match. Both large public institutions and small private colleges have farm management programs for students to investigate. Finding the best farm management college degree program starts with gathering the right information from top ranked colleges in the trade.
Rewarding careers in forestry can be pursued by completing an associate or bachelor's degree program at any of the colleges and universities located throughout the country. Access more detailed information through our forestry degree page. Find out the myriad degree programs and career tracks available for students that earn a degree in forestry by requesting information from the best university programs in the country today.
Embark on a career in horticulture! Earn an associate, bachelor's, or master's degree at one of the top schools in the country. Additional information can be obtained through our horticulture degree page, including school listings and career descriptions. Our dedicated portal will help you find a number of quality, accredited universities and colleges that offer degrees in horticulture today.
Expressing interest toward a career in turf management? Find out more information regarding associate or bachelor's degree programs near you. School listings, as well as education and career information are available through our turf management degree information page.
Searching for information about becoming a veterinary assistant? You have come to the right place to get information on certificate or associate degree programs. For school listings and information please visit our veterinary assistant schools page. A full list of accredited schools and degree pathways will help you find a variety of top ranked programs that are best for you. Whether you learn best in a classroom or online, a list of the top veterinary schools in the country can be access via or dedicated search portal.
Students interested in veterinary medicine may begin their career through the completion of a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at a college or university. Our veterinary medicine schools page provides listings and information to help you find what you need. Top ranked vet schools can quickly be filtered and sorted given your unique goals and professional objectives. Learn more today by visiting our veterinary medicine portal and begin your college search today.
Viticulture and Oenology
Learn to hone your wine making craft by earning a college degree in Viticulture and Oenology today by starting here. Students will learn both the art and the science behind making great wines from start to finish. Additionally, you will be provided key insights into running a sustainable business from crop management, operations, and resource management. Learn why regional colleges and universities have invested heavily into viticulture and how the industry is changing year over year.